Graduate Researchers & Students

For graduate studies in the tri-M Lab, you can apply for the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (MS and PhD) at VT. If you have any questions about our lab or graduate program, feel free to contact Dr. Jeon. You can also learn more about the graduate program here.

We are actively recruiting PhD students for 2019 Fall and Postdoc for 2019 Spring. If you're interested in HCI, HRI, Auditory Displays and Sonification, Automotive User Interfaces, Affective Computing, Assisstive Technologies, or Aesthetic Computing, just contact Dr. Jeon.

Undergraduate Research Assistants (RA)

We have several openings for undergraduate research assistants (RA). RAs are restricted to Virginia Tech students who can earn graded course credits toward major requirements. They can learn how to conduct Human Factors/Human-Computer Interaction research with cutting edge technologies. After working more than one semester, students can have an opportunity to get involved in writing a scientific paper, which is the most valuable experience to go to the graduate school. Students preparing for graduate programs in Engineering Psychology, HCI, Human Factors, Human-Centered Computing, or Interaction Design are especially encouraged to apply. Please email Prof. Jeon or drop by his office at 519D Whittemore Hall.

Visiting Scientists & Student Internships

If you are interested in visiting our lab for collaboration or sabbatical, or if you are an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at other universities and want short-term visit or internship, please contact Dr. Jeon.